The goal of this class is to help you build an Accessory Dwelling Unit (ADU) that will augment your property, maximize your space, and add flexibility to your life. This class will help you understand the essential elements of the ADU process from start to finish, which will result in a more beautiful space and will save you time and money.
The process of building an ADU can be complex, overwhelming and expensive and Kol is a homeowner and environmental professional with a passion for ADUs and a lot of practical information to share about them.
This is the first time that this class will be offered in Bend. You’ll walk away from the class understanding:
· The design, permitting, and building process
· Relevant green building approaches and certifications
· Financing, rebates, incentives, cost-saving design/build measures
· Resources, references, and contacts to help you design and build your ADU
· The course cost is $145.
· The course will go from 9am – 5pm with a lunch break. The class is going to be a fast-paced course that will cover lots of material. Be prepared with questions and be ready to take notes. I will have some handouts.
· As a class, we visit a couple ADUs in the afternoon after lunch, then return to the classroom to finish up the day
· Oregon Real Estate Agency: 7 CEUs (Topic: Real estate property evaluation, appraisal, or valuation).
About Kol Peterson
· Author of Backdoor Revolution- The Definitive Guide to ADU Development
· Built a new construction ADU in NE Portland; completed in September 2011.
· Organizes Portland’s City-wide ADU Tour
· Owner of Caravan- The Tiny House Hotel.
· Teaches ADU Class for Realtors through Earth Advantage Institute.
· Editor of AccessoryDwellings.org.
· Master in Design and the Environment from the Harvard Graduate School of Design
· Sustainable Home Professional certification from the Earth Advantage Institute
Read more about ADUs at pdxadu.blogspot.com