A home energy loan without an extra bill
That doesn’t mean you don’t receive a bill to pay at all–maybe we got a little carried away there. You do still have to pay for your energy upgrade, but with on-bill repayment, you make your loan payments through your existing Pacific Power bill. Easy peasy.
You can finance your project on your energy bill which means that you can directly put your energy savings towards paying off the cost of the project. This is made possible through an Energy Trust of Oregon program called On-Bill Repayment. Energy Trust works with a regional nonprofit lender, Craft 3, to offer fixed rates and low monthly payments. Then payback is simple, you just make monthly payments right on your Pacific Power bill.
Currently, you can take advantage of this program if you are a customer of Pacific Power and are making qualified energy upgrades that will reduce your electricity costs.
Let’s talk about the money
There are two tracks for on-bill repayment. Better yet, all of the projects that are eligible for On-Bill Repayment are also eligible for cash incentives from Energy Trust of Oregon.
- The first track is standard On-Bill Repayment and is for ducted and ductless heat pumps. On top of this opportunity for financing, be sure to check out the cash incentives for ducted and ductless heat pump incentives on Energy Trust’s website.
- The second is coupled with increased incentives for income-qualified homes called Savings Within Reach On-Bill Repayment. Be sure to check out the income guidelines because it includes a larger income range than you might expect (between 60-120 percent of Oregon state median income). Find out more about the increased cash incentives for Savings Within Reach projects for insulation, heat pump water heaters, and ducted and ductless heat pumps.
- Contact an Energy Trust trade ally contractor trained to provide On-Bill Repayment or Savings Within Reach On-Bill Repayment services. They can help you determine your eligibility for a project and walk you through the process. If you’re doing anj On-Bill Savings Within Reach project, your improvements must be installed by an approved Energy Trust trade ally who is trained to provide Savings Within Reach services.
- Fill out and sign the On-Bill Repayment application provided by your contractor. They will then submit this to Energy Trust for you.
- Apply for the Craft 3 loan.
- Sign your loan documents and begin your project!